You are an expert who is ready to share your knowledge with the world! First you spent time crafting your expertise then you have invested time and money to make your vision a reality – a platform to share your zone of genius and support your community!
Since you’re doing us all such a service, we want to be a small part of your ripple effect. We want your course to be protected and secure so you can grow and continue to share the wealth – while finding comfort knowing that you’ll be legally protected. Launch your course with peace of mind that your content will remain your own, clarity in your refund policy, and everything you need to consider when offering “lifetime access” (tip: not exactly “lifetime”).
3 Easy Steps to be Legally Aligned:
- Access your legal vault, the home of your contract template purchase (plus any of its updates).
- Watch the video tutorial and fill out your contract template in minutes, while gaining the understanding of what it all means. Because with knowledge comes confidence.
- Use the step-by-step checklist in our implementation guide. You’ll never have to wonder if you filled out the contract template correctly or second guess what’s next as you implement the contract seamlessly into your business.
Stay in the know. Whenever there are updates to a contract template you have purchased, you will get an email and have instant access via your legal vault.
- Addressing the ever-popular “lifetime access.”
- Describe everything you offer, but have the ability to adapt as needed (COVID-proof).
- Publicity waiver so you can share the impact you’re making with the world.
- Options for upfront payment or payment plans to fit your vision.
- Disclaimers and waiver and release of liability, so you set the tone from the start (see full list below). Their actions, their responsibility.
- Content standards to make sure everyone plays nice and treat one another with respect if there is any community interaction.
- The right to use your materials for only the way they were intended.
These disclaimers are excellent to be used not only in your agreement but also on your website and online course materials. This tip (among others) are also in your Implementation Guide.
- Assumption of Risk – states that the community member assumes all the risk of their access and any subsequent actions they choose to take as a result of the influence, information or educational materials provided to them.
- Educational and Entertainment Purposes Only – states that is for educational and entertainment purposes only. This is especially important when it may appear as medical, legal, or financial advice that you specify you are not acting in any professional capacity.
- No Guaranteed Outcomes – states you are not guaranteeing any outcomes. It is crucial to get specific with community offering here. For example, if they anticipate they may lose weight, overcome mental illness, make or create income or anything else.
- General Disclaimer – a more sweeping disclaimer, to say you expressly disclaim any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by community members from their participation or use of your offering.
- Community Contributions – for any interaction between community members, you want to express that you cannot control their opinions. With that said, you can ensure they comply with a code of conduct and take actions to maintain the safe space for your community.
- Content Warnings – should be used when the content may be sensitive or explicit in nature.