As an entrepreneur, your time is your most valuable asset. Don’t waste time creating content that you cannot use for its intended purpose.
A Media Release Form will ensure that there is no miscommunication when an individual gives you permission to be photographed or filmed and such content to be shared that aligns with your business purpose. Avoid the fear that someone that appears in the content you captured, has a change of heart or feel like that content isn’t their best angle (we have all been there).
Verbal consent may not provide adequate disclosure of your plans to use the content or what rights the individual on the other side of lense is agreeing to give up. Not to mention, no one ever wins when “he said” “she said” begins. At the end of the day, their rights in their image will hold more weight without something in writing.
3 Easy Steps to be Legally Aligned:
- Access your legal vault, the home of your contract template purchase (plus any of its updates).
- Watch the video tutorial and fill out your contract template in minutes, while gaining the understanding of what it all means. Because with knowledge comes confidence.
- Use the step-by-step checklist in our implementation guide. You’ll never have to wonder if you filled out the contract template correctly or second guess what’s next as you implement the contract seamlessly into your business.
Stay in the know. Whenever there are updates to a contract template you have purchased, you will get an email and have instant access via your legal vault.
- Set expectations of the how + when the media will be captured.
- Receive permission for the media content to be shared that aligns with your business purpose, now and in the future.
- Define the compensation (whether monetary or in-kind)
- Make it clear that you do not have to receive their approval on the final media or tag them on social media when it is posted.
- Optional language is included in this contract template if a minor may appear in the media.