Speaking from experience, I don’t know of a faster way to break through to your next level of impact and abundance than a mastermind. Creating impact, challenging your participants’ limiting beliefs and facilitating group interactions is no easy feat. Don’t worry about the what-ifs, while you are focusing on the real work.
But also speaking from experience, your participants will experience tension as they confront their fear around taking the big scary leap from what’s comfortable. Let’s be sure that you have the leverage to hold them accountable and protect the sanctity of the group from any distractions.
3 Easy Steps to be Legally Aligned:
- Access your legal vault, the home of your contract template purchase (plus any of its updates).
- Watch the video tutorial and fill out your contract template in minutes, while gaining an understanding of what it all means. Because with knowledge comes confidence.
- Use the step-by-step checklist in our implementation guide. You’ll never have to wonder if you filled out the contract template correctly or second guess what’s next as you implement the contract seamlessly into your business.
Stay in the know. Whenever there are updates to a contract template you have purchased, you will get an email and have instant access via your legal vault.
- Describe everything you offer, but have the ability to adapt as needed (COVID-proof).
- Lead by example set expectations for office hours and communication.
- Confidentiality for all, so everyone can speak freely.
- Publicity waiver so you can share the impact you’re making with the world (the non-confidential stuff of course).
- Options for upfront payment or payment plans to fit your vision.
- Disclaimers and waiver and release of liability, so you set the tone from the start (see full list below). Their actions, their responsibility.
- Options for any guarantees or ability to transfer their investment to a later session of the mastermind.
- Content standards to make sure everyone plays nice and treat one another with respect.
These disclaimers are excellent to be used not only in your agreement but also on your website and mastermind materials distributed to your participants. This tip (among others) is also in your Implementation Guide.
- Assumption of Risk – states that the community member assumes all the risk of their access and any subsequent actions they choose to take as a result of the influence, information, or educational materials provided to them.
- Educational and Entertainment Purposes Only – states that is for educational and entertainment purposes only. This is especially important when it may appear as medical, legal, or financial advice that you specify you are not acting in any professional capacity.
- No Guaranteed Outcomes – states you are not guaranteeing any outcomes. It is crucial to get specific with community offerings here. For example, if they anticipate they may lose weight, overcome mental illness, make or create income, or anything else.
- General Disclaimer – a more sweeping disclaimer, to say you expressly disclaim any liability for any direct, indirect, or consequential loss or damage incurred by community members from their participation or use of your offering.
- Community Contributions – for any interaction between community members, you want to express that you cannot control their opinions. With that said, you can ensure they comply with a code of conduct and take action to maintain a safe space for your community.
- Content Warnings – should be used when the content may be sensitive or explicit in nature.