If you’re reading this you probably already know that affiliate marketing is a pay-for-performance form of marketing where affiliates sell on your behalf for an agreed-upon rate or percentage of the sale. But let me reiterate what makes affiliate marketing stand out, it benefits everyone involved. On the customer side, they’re able to find products they might not have found on their own and get an endorsement from someone they trust. While on the affiliate and merchant side, everyone enjoys a cut of the sale.
With the interest of so many individuals hanging in the balance, as a merchant, you are responsible for setting clear expectations for your relationship with your affiliates. Inherent in the success of your program is trust not only between you and the affiliate but with each of your potential customers. A well-thought out agreement will encourage motivated and reliable affiliates that you can trust as a voice of your brand and will serve as the backbone of your affiliate marketing campaign.
3 Easy Steps to be Legally Aligned:
- Access your legal vault, the home of your contract template purchase (plus any of its updates).
- Watch the video tutorial and fill out your contract template in minutes, while gaining the understanding of what it all means. Because with knowledge comes confidence.
- Use the step-by-step checklist in our implementation guide. You’ll never have to wonder if you filled out the contract template correctly or second guess what’s next as you implement the contract seamlessly into your business.
Stay in the know. Whenever there are updates to a contract template you have purchased, you will get an email and have instant access via your legal vault.
- Summary of the highlighting key points to be user friendly.
- Options for payout models, including corresponding language you can use in your marketing. Clarity and consistency are key.
- A playbook of how you envision your products or services being marketed, so your efforts are aligned, intentional and on brand. Clear expectations will allow your affiliates to thrive.
- Clear boundaries and restrictions so you don’t give your affiliates a free pass to market your brand, products, or services in any way they see fit. After all, any practices that you do not explicitly prohibit are, implicitly, permitted.
- Reduce your liability for infringement, and other obstacles to a good and profitable relationship.
- A clear description of how your affiliates can abide by the Federal Trade Commission’s Enforcement Guideline.